"Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work..."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Here in My Home - Malaysian Artistes For Unity

Here in My Home is a song about hope and racial unity performed by Malaysian Artistes.

This song has been on air for so many times that much to my ignorance, I assumed it is a duet by International Rock Artistes, judging by the husky vocals of both man and lady singer.

Pardon me, please, we've only listened to it half way through, before switching to another station, to listen to other songs.

Until one day, yours truly decided to give the song a shot, by listening to it from beginning till the end. That's when I scrutinized the lyrics and realized that there was a message hidden in the song. And when the rap part in several dialects came in, I figured this isn't just another song, but a song performed by our Malaysian Artistes. I fell in love with this song completely after.

So I did try to do some research, and not knowing the exact song title, I wasn't getting much information. However, I did pick up a few parts of the song, making 'sing-along' a possible routine everytime the song went on air.

A few days back I noticed the Malaysian Artistes For Unity banner on one Advertlets advert. That's when I discovered the Malaysian Artistes For Unity website. The home page looks rather mysterious, displaying an image of a Guava, and with interesting statements. Nicely done I would say. It gives the visitors the curiosity to explore more.

Here's an image of how the Home Page looks like:



Bingo. My curiosity had led me to the findings of the song, Here in My Home, that I have been humming to almost everyday.


About Malaysian Artistes For Unity


pete was juggling tomatoes.


bored. so he telephoned a few friends. “how about getting together to make an anti-racism national unity song and music video?” all said yes without hesitation. not because pete threatened them with a sharp and rusty knife. but only because they love malaysia.


the contingent swelled to 52 people a few days later. it included filmmakers, dancers, singers, producers, musicians, actors, entrepreneurs, designers, footballers, activists, celebrities, students and a florist. nobody would be paid. yet they were enthused. not because they were high on speed. only because they love Malaysia.


they gathered to record the song. it had a catchy chorus and was able to induce a mass sing-along. everyone was happy when it was done. they named it ‘here in my home’. then more people joined. the party now included more than 120 people. but the budget remained exactly zero. it seems even the spreadsheet loves malaysia.


everyone turned up for the video shoot. much fun was had and friendships made. video editors went to work after the shoot was done. both the recording and the video would be given away for free. a gift to the nation. from those who love malaysia to those who feel the same.


did you ask what this is all about?


it’s about love.


(Taken from: About - Malaysian Artistes For Unity)


Fairly interesting, isn't it?


There is an article written by Jo Teh on Malaysian Artistes For Unity that is featured today in TheStar.


Being the brainchild of Pete Teo, here are some answers from him when asked.


To a question, Teo said he travelled a lot overseas and thought it would be a nice idea to record a song with many personalities in it.


On the choice of participants, Teo said it represented the rakyat.
Teo said the fact that the project was completed in a month with zero budget said a lot about the people behind it.


“Nobody was paid. It was free. It took merely five weeks for the team to complete the production phase of the project from scratch.”


Music artiste and producer Jason Lo said he got involved in the song because it had to do with unity.


To date, the song and video, directed by Yasmin Ahmad and Ho Yuhang have received 38,000 downloads at http://www.malaysianartistesforunity.info/ in just eight days.


(Source: A song of hope and racial unity - The Star)


But guess what, my latest visit got me to witness that already 46,916 files have been downloaded! But it shouldn't stop there! Go ahead and download this beautiful song that comes in various format be it in MP3, video, for iPOD, phone ,karaoke and even lyrics.


I am really liking this idea. I have friends from all walks of life, and we really enjoy the company of each other. At the end of the day, it's not how you look like, or where you come from that matters, but it would have been on how you cherish your life, and the friendship bonds you have with people around you.


Appreciate friends, keep them close, and stay united, regardless of their backgrounds. Meanwhile, I am sharing with all of you, the message in this song. Here's Here in My Home, by Malaysian Artistes For Unity. Feel the love.



No comments: