"Newlyweds become oldyweds, and oldyweds are the reasons that families work..."

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 11, 2009

The IT Crowd



(Image Source: Google)

I was at Babe's Monday night watching some Monday Night Laughs on Star World when I saw this all new Series- The IT Crowd.

Now I am an IT Crowd as well, and I some sort felt I was connected to this Crowd. Except that my office is not at the store-like basement, and no we do not go to work dressed so casually like them. I have a much nicer workstation with a nice view of the city. Also, mind you, my boss is nothing like the one in The IT Crowd.

"That's your Crowd", Babe said, and I couldn't agree more. LOL. And it's really hilarious (insert Nerdy smile). There was a resemblance indeed. From the telephone calls to the troubleshooting...Now wait. I don't fix computers. Or check your mouse when you claim "it isn't working". That's not my job. We have a different set of team who'd take care of that, while I, my team and I, we troubleshoot problems in regards to the application that we support- from the connection to the database to the licensing and all. The applications under me are mostly Oracle-based so there is a fair chance that I am up for Oracle trainings this FY. (Yeayyy!!)

My users aren't that difficult, considering the fact that they know what sort of information to give me when they require my assistance. Just the new users though, who has just started to use the applications or who has just joined the company. Maybe it's only natural for us, the service providers to have to guide our users, step-by-step, so I just need to be patient when I have to repeat the steps over and over again when my user doesn't get or "see" my instruction.

As most of the users who call in are my regular users, troubleshooting their problem was a breeze because they'd just straight away tell me the problem, so I'd know where to check. Some doesn't even have a clue of the problem, so I've to check every aspects and find the source. It's tough sometimes, meeting with KPI and all, so I really need to put my back into it and solve a.s.a.p. It's a good way to practice my skills, and my expertise, and so far, I managed to solve the problems in time.

And at the end of the day, when all is done and back to normal, Thank you emails that appreciate your work start to flow in. I have a special folder where I keep all my Thank yous emails from my users.
"Thank you so much! You're a rockstar!" One email read. "Thanks yeah Ushna! You're awesome!", another read. "TQVM for your prompt action. I am able to log in to *** now." and "Noted with thanks", are the common ones.

After a hard day at work, it's really nice to read the emails and be proud of what I can provide, and that's a really good job.



No comments: